Position: Development Associate
Direct Manager: Jocelyn Zelasko, Development Officer
ArtOps is a nonprofit organization providing a shared services model of administration, management and operations support for small to medium size Arts nonprofits. By providing expertise and staffing to these organizations, we enable them to grow and fulfill their artistic mission. The collaboration across multiple arts organizations offers our employees a unique opportunity to broaden skills in their area of expertise while supporting the growth of arts in our community.
Who we’re looking for:
The Development Associate has a strong interest in a career in development, a background in classical music, and is extremely organized and detail oriented. This individual will work full-time servicing ArtOps and its partners, including Detroit Chamber Winds and Strings, and Great Lakes Chamber Music Festival, as well as other client organizations. The Development Associate is an entry-level position, providing development coordination with emphasis on individual and business donors.
- A college degree in the performing or liberal arts, or commensurate professional experience
- A strong appreciation for performing arts, especially music
- The ability to interact effectively, with discretion and independent judgment, with a sophisticated constituency
- Very strong writing skills
- Attention to detail and strong editing skills
- Knowledge of fundraising techniques and strategies
- Confidence in effectively communicating across a wide variety of platforms, including telephone, web, and written and in-person solicitations/presentations
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrable initiative, strong problem resolution, and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in an unsupervised environment
- Relevant experience in development and fundraising strategies
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement:
Our company policy requires all staff and volunteers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Activities in support of the institutional development efforts for ArtOps and its partner organizations.
- With Development Officer, coordinate sponsorship materials, endowment campaign materials, and other institutional development pieces
- Assist with design of all development printed pieces
Major development and stewardship initiatives.
- Work with Development Officer to ensure partner organizations implement, monitor, and meet earned and contributed income goals
- Support the execution of development and stewardship plans with the help of staff and volunteers
- Review donor benefits annually with Development Officer
- Assure donor benefits are delivered in a timely and efficient manner
- Coordinate and implement annual giving programs for individual and corporate supporters of partner organizations
- Coordinate and implement fundraising events such as DCWS Annual Celebration, DCWS sponsorship luncheon, GLCMF Opening Night Dinner, and GLCMF Vignettes for partner organizations
- Coordinate and implement partner organization corporate sponsor renewal packages
- Support Development Officer by generating development and stewardship reports on a timely basis
- Track pledges and donor notes in database
- Update sponsor tracking grids for partner organizations
- Invoice pledged gifts for partner organizations
- Collaborate with the Marketing Team to create sponsor slideshows for partner organizations
- Ensure that the partner organization’s boards are engaged and equipped with the tools to help make development succeed.
- Provide staffing support to board development committees and focus groups
- Work with the Development Officer and partner organization development committees to ensure they are actively involved with the strategy and execution of their development and stewardship plans
- Track board participation for partner organizations
Support Institutional Giving strategies.
- Assist Institutional Giving Associate with editing and proof reading
- Compile grant application attachments for partner organizations
- Research relevant and appropriate institutional giving opportunities
Participate in ArtOps staff planning and team activities, executing other duties as assigned.
- Assist as needed in long-range planning for multiple organizations
- Attend weekly staff meetings, and other internal meetings as appropriate
- Submit time tracking regularly
- Assists in the covering of concerts and special events
- Performs other duties as assigned
This is a 40 hour per week position, requiring occasional nights and weekend concert coverage (schedule set with staff and successful candidate upon hire).
This position has an expected Salary Range of $31,000-$35,000 and benefits.
The position is available and offers a stimulating work environment. Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
After submitting, a member of our staff will reach out with any further instruction needed. No phone calls, please.